Monday 10 June 2013

Salutations!



My name is Kimberley Chan. I am a registered nurse and a graduate of the International Interprofessional Wound Care course. Just finishing my second residential week, I am extremely excited about the start of my journey. I thought it would be awesome if everyone knew about wound care and became passionate about it!
Being a novice nurse, I would say this blog is more of an archive of my knowledge of wound care, my opinion, my interpretation and my way of thinking. Everything on this site is more of a guidance, and I strongly recommend getting properly diagnosed by your physician or health care provider.
Being a novice nurse can have it's pros and cons. Cons: I am willing to admit I lack experience, however, I am also willing to learn. Pros, I am a blank canvas. They say it's very hard to break or change a habit. Well, being a novice nurse, I really don't have any habits to break, and that being said, every effort is being made to get it right from the start.
My goal with this blog would to assist both health care providers, clients, and clients' families with understanding wounds.
My thoughts will probably change 10 years from now, so it'd be interesting to document that.

Well...here goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment